Vanderburgh County Payroll
Welcome to the Vanderburgh County Payroll web site.
Open Enrollment for Coverage in 2019
The Vanderburgh County Employee Open Enrollment Period will be from November 5 through November 16, 2018 with coverage effective January 1, 2019. For further information, go to the Insurance Policies page.
County Flu Shot Clinics - 2018
The Vanderburgh County Employee Flu Shot Clinics will be held on October 24th at the:
Exact room locations of the clinics will be provided at a later date. For those who are interested, you must complete 1 survey for you and your dependents. Here is the survey link: 2018 Vanderburgh County Flu Clinic. If you do not fill out the survey, you will not be able to receive the vaccine on the day of the clinic. The deadline to complete the survey will be Monday October 15th at 4:30 PM.
Please note that employees or their dependents who cannot come to the County Clinics are encouraged to receive the flu vaccine from your primary care provider or any other vaccine provider. This service is designed to give employees an easy opportunity to receive the vaccine at their place of work.
Who is eligible:
- Health Department from 7:30 -9:30 AM,
- Civic Center from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM, and the
- Highway Department from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM.
Employees and their dependents who are part of the county's Anthem insurance program are covered and can receive the vaccine free of charge. Employees and their dependents who are covered by the Central States insurance program are also eligible to receive the vaccine free of charge. If you do not carry either of these insurance plans, but your plan does cover the influenza vaccine and Walgreens can bill your insurance, you also can receive the vaccine through the County Flu Shot Clinics.
The Vanderburgh County Health Department is working with Walgreens to provide Influenza vaccine to county employees. If you have any questions, need any additional information, or have trouble with the survey link please contact Joe Gries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clinic Information for 2018
Note: Tri State Community Clinics will be operating the clinic effective January 3, 2018. Click here for the notification letter from the County Commissioners dated November 13, 2017.
(effective January 3, 2018 for all county employees on Anthem Health Insurance)
Employee Assistance Program - On November 23, 2015, the Vanderburgh County Employee Assistance Program will transfer from Mulberry Center to Southwestern Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. This program provides 3 free counseling sessions for both work and non-work related issues. These counseling sessions are completely confidential. For professional, discreet and confidential EAP counseling services, contact:
Southwestern Behavioral Healthcare, Inc.
415 Mulberry St.
Evansville, IN 47713
Employee Self Service (ESS):
Effective October 1, 2012, Vanderburgh County will go live with a new payroll system which will have an Employee Self Service (ESS) feature. this will allow each employee to view their current payroll information and will be used for the employee to print their Direct Deposit Advice (DDA). If you are a Vanderburgh County Employee, please follow the steps below to access your information:
- Click on the link: https://selfservice.vanderburghcounty.in.gov/MSS/
- Click on the Log In link in the top right hand corner.
- Enter your username (jsmith for John Smith).
- Enter your password (the first time that you log in, you will be prompted to change the password; keep that password for future reference).
- Click on the Employee Self Service link to the top right of your screen and your employee information will appear.
- Click on the payroll date of the Direct Deposit Advice or the Camera icon for the Paycheck to view your information; you can then print a PDF copy of your advice.
- If you are having issues logging into ESS, please contact payroll by email VandPayroll@vanderburghgov.org or call 435-5026 or 435-5826.
Onsite Visit for Insurance Questions:
A representative from Torian Insurance, formerly Torian, Hofmann, Dillow, & Flittner, will be onsite from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month to answer questions you may have regarding insurance. Although walk-ins are welcome, you may wish to contact Janie Dennis or Katie Rudolph to setup an appointment in advance. Please see contact info below.
The representative(s) will be located in room 307 of the Civic Center.
Pam Steckler (812.492.4135) Pam@torian.com
Katie Rudolph (812.492.4137) Katie@thdfins.com
Agency Switchboard (812.424.5503)- Customer service number for all insurance plans.
To visit their website, use this link: http://www.countybenefits.com/. Use the username " Vanderburgh" and password "Vanderburgh1".
To get the app on your smart phone,
type in countybenefits.com/contacts on your device's browser;
press the action button;
scroll to select the "Add to Home Screen" button;
press "Add" in the top right.
INPRS (PERF) Changes Effective January 2018
Effective January 2018, the INPRS self-service website will have a different look and require you to set up new login credentials (PIN). Click here for more information: INPRS Update. Use this link www.inprs.in.gov/inprs to log into PERF or call (888) 286-3544 to speak with a customer representative. Representatives are available 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET except on holidays.
Here is what to expect effective January 2, 2018:
- New INPRS self-service secure website. You'll receive new login credentials (PIN) in the mail by the second week of January 2018.
- New phone number:(844) GO-INPRS, or (844) 464-6777. One number. Easy to remember. Call us here starting Jan. 2, 2018.
- Online-only retirement application. Our intuitive, step-by-step format makes it easy.
- Updated retirement tracker tool. Watch your retirement application go through the review process every step of the way!
- Access to more planning resources. Calculate your financial needs in retirement and develop your retirement savings strategy to meet your goals.
INPRS (PERF) Pre-Retirement Workshops. Listed below are workshops scheduled in Evansville for 2018. Use this link to go to their website to check for future dates of workshops.
Sessions in Evansville are to be held on the following dates in the Browning Room A at the Central Library located at 200 SE M L King Jr Blvd unless noted ortherwise:
- Thursday, October 11, 2018 - Workshop -1:00PM - 3:30PM
- Thursday, October 11, 2018 - Workshop -5:00PM - 7:30PM
- Thursday, October 18, 2018 - Workshop -1:00PM - 3:30PM
- Thursday, October 18, 2018 - Workshop -5:00PM - 7:30PM
- Thursday, October 25, 2018 - Workshop -1:00PM - 3:30PM
- Thursday, October 25, 2018 - Workshop -5:00PM - 7:30PM
- Thursday, November 8, 2018 - Workshop -1:00PM - 3:30PM
- Thursday, November 8, 2018 - Workshop -5:00PM - 7:30PM
- Thursday, November 29, 2018 - Workshop -1:00PM - 3:30PM
- Thursday, November 29, 2018 - Workshop -5:00PM - 7:30PM
- Thursday, December 6, 2018 - Workshop -1:00PM - 3:30PM
- Thursday, December 6, 2018 - Workshop -5:00PM - 7:30PM
- Thursday, December 20, 2018 - Workshop -1:00PM - 3:30PM (Browning Room B)
- Thursday, December 20, 2018 - Workshop -5:00PM - 7:30PM (Browning Room B)
(Registration Required - Call 1-888-286-3544 to register (at least 2 weeks ahead) or for information visit their site at www.in.gov/inprs/. If the 1 on 1 sessions are filled, you are encouraged to attend a workshop.)
Contact Bob Boxell with any questions at BBoxell@INPRS.in.gov or at 317-775-9439.
If you are unable to attend the above meetings, a PERF/TRF retirement webinar is being hosted most Wednesdays at 2:00 PM Eastern. This is a perfect opportunity for those who cannot attend a retirement workshop in person. You will receive the same information and be able to ask questions as you would in a normal retirement workshop, but you don't have to leave the comfort of your home or office. All you need is a computer with internet access.
The workshop will include:
- Information to help you budget for retirement
- A personalized benefit estimate
- Explanation of retirement options
- Step-by-step instructions for completing a retirement application
- Information about working after retirement
- Answers to your retirement questions
The deferred compensation representative, Dianna Karem-Webb, will be available to meet individually with Vanderburgh County employeeson Wednesday, October 17, 2018 from 1:00 to 4:00 PM in Room 318 of the Civic Center. Click here for more information. Please call 502-794-0150 to set up an individual appointment with Dianna Webb or contact her by email at email@example.com to:
Enroll in a supplemental retirement plan (457b).
Develop or review your retirement goals.
Increase deferrals to your account.
Discuss investment options.
Learn about your payout options.
A representative can also be reached toll free at 877-677-3678 or use this link for more information on Deferred Compensation.
The Auditor's Office processes payroll and benefits for all Vanderburgh County employees. The purpose of this site is to
accommodate county employees by providing general information on payroll and
benefits. Also, forms are available that can be filled out on-line and printed. The Auditor's Office hopes to offer a more convenient process and hopefully eliminate unnecessary trips to the Bookkeeping Department. If you have any questions, contact phone numbers and e-mail
addresses are provided.
Includes information on Vanderburgh County:
- Payroll Schedules
- Personnel Policy and Salary Ordinance
- Departments on the county payroll and contact information for their bookkeepers.
Contains information on Vanderburgh County's:
- Insurance Policies
- Flex Program
- Public Employees Retirement Fund (PERF)
- Sheriff's Retirement
- Early Retirement
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- YMCA Membership Rates
- Tax Withholding Forms
- Address Change
- Direct Deposit Enrollment/ Change
- Employment Changes
Any comments or questions, email a contact.